It can be difficult for seniors to find quality accommodations for reasonable rent. For independent people 65+, we provide affordable and quality 1 bedroom apartments to live at rates geared to income and set below current market rents. Monthly rent is calculated at 30% of a tenant's gross monthly. Income and rental rates are reviewed annually.
Wishing Well is located at 5102 - 46 Avenue, Drayton Valley, Alberta. Established in a quiet mature neighborhood which includes many amenities. This property offers easy access to shopping and the many services that Drayton Valley has to offer.
Single person: minimum age is 65 years
Couples: minimum age for one spouse is 65 years.
• Applicant(s) must be functionally independent with the aid of community based services.
• Applicant(s) must be Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident (landed immigrant).
• Maximum annual income limit is in place as per the Ministry of Seniors “Household Income Threshold” and is currently set at: One Bedroom $37,500
All applicants will be evaluated according to the Alberta Municipal Affairs procedures. Those applications with the highest need will receive priority. A criterion of need includes income, proportion of present income to rental rate in present accommodation and conditions of present accommodation. Under no circumstances will a person’s race, religion, color, sex, ancestry or place of origin be consideration for eligibility.
As this is a government owned and subsidized apartment building, the rents charged are based on 30% of the total household’s income of their current Notice of Assessment. Rental rates are fixed for a one-year period and include window coverings, fridge, stove, heat, water & sewer, taxes and garbage removal.
• Electricity is currently a flat rate (varies based on building) and is subject to change
• Parking is subject to availability and varies based on building (subject to change)
• Cable is currently a flat rate and is subject to change
• Internet and telephone are the responsibility of the Tenant
1. Complete all sections of the application form.
2. Provide a copy of your Notice of Assessment from the most recent tax year.
3. Medical form must be completed.
4. Submit the application, medical form and Notice of Assessment by e-mail or mail (see information below).
5. Once your application is received, it will be reviewed along with the supporting documents. If information is missing, you will be notified.
6. Upon receipt of your completed application, you will be contacted to schedule an in-person meeting to review your application. This meeting will assist in determining eligibility. If determined that you may be eligible, your name will be added to our waiting list.
7. When a suite comes up available, you will be called to view the suite. Please note that your needs will be re-assessed at this time to ensure they can be met within the services we can provide.
Senior Citizens interested in obtaining accommodation or for further information may contact
Sylvia @ 780-542-2712 or
MAIL/FAX COMPLETED APPLICATION TO:
Drayton Valley, Alberta
Copyright © 2023 Drayton Valley Housing - All Rights Reserved.